CoDHNet works on the basis of people centred approach supported by the following key elements.
- Partnering and Networking- CoDHNet forges relationship and partnership with international actors including research institutions and donors to support its target groups. We will also work in close relationship with the poor, the vulnerable and the disadvantaged members of the communities. Partnership and Networking will support us access resources and reduce risks to our target communities.
- Collaborating with the poor and the disadvantaged members among the communities- We believe that empowering the poor and the disadvantaged to help them claim their rights and eliminate the injustices. CoDHNet works with the grass roots to achieve its ambitions and learn the reality on the ground. Poverty, injustices and marginalization can be eliminated with the poor and disadvantaged taking charge of their lives to realize change.
- Rights based approach- The basic of our work is to realize the voices of the poor and the disadvantaged are heard and respected, shielded and fulfilled. CoDHNet also bring to the attention of other humanitarian actors in regards to the fulfilment of the poor and the disadvantaged.
- Internally Displaced People (IDPs)
- The poor, the disadvantaged and the vulnerable
- Victims of disasters and those in Humanitarian Emergency
- Children and women
- People Living With HIV/AIDS
- Pastoralists, rural and urban poor
- Poor Fishers and farmers